India is at par with developed countries when it comes to advanced medical treatment. Livonia Global, a medical tourism service provider company in India is connected to more than a hundred top-notch hospitals in India and around a thousand field experts. If you are planning to undergo medical treatment in India, Livonta can fulfill all your essential requirements from visa processing to providing you with a language interpreter. Getting a medical visa from Kenya to India is the first step in this direction. You are eligible to get a visa only after a hospital in Kenya recommends that you need specialized treatment abroad. The visa is generally granted for serious ailments like-
- Ophthalmic Disorders
- Cardiac problems
- Kidney related disorders
- Organ transplantation
- Congenital defects
- Gene therapy
- Plastic surgery
- Joint replacement
In order to get a medical visa to India from Kenya, you need to follow a simple visa application process. Before filling out the application, check that you have below mentioned documents ready.
- Hardcopy of the online visa application form with your signature
- Latest passport size photographs (Recommendation: White or plain background, face prominently seen and no shadows on face or background)
- An invitation letter from the Indian doctor or hospital
- Medical documents supporting need for treatment in India
- Bank statement, salary certificate, sponsorship letter supporting that you have sufficient funds to stay in India
- Certificate of yellow fever vaccination obtained 10 days before your planned travel to India.
- Certificate of Oral Polio Vaccination obtained at least a month before your planned travel to India.
- Visa processing fee
You can apply for a medical visa online through an official website launched by the Government of India. Below mentioned steps will ensure that your visa application process becomes absolutely hassle-free.
- You can apply for a medical visa online through the Government of India’s official website https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html.
- Select the Regular Visa Application option.
- The form will ask you to fill up important information like- name of your country, name of high commission (Mombasa or Nairobi), nationality, date of birth, e-mail address, planned date of arrival in India, type of visa, access code etc. After completing it, press continue.
- The remaining application demands your personal credentials and details of passport.
- Do not forget to press save and continue as you move ahead with filling the form. This way you can ensure that the filled-up information does not get lost.
- Provide details of your residence and occupation.
- You will have to mention the details of your country’s hospital where you were undergoing treatment. The form will also ask for details of the hospital in India, duration of your stay, the total number of entries, your purpose visit, planned travel dates, point of arrival in India, details of SAARC country visit, references etc.
- You must have your latest photograph in the application form. There are two options. Whether you can upload it online or later paste it on the printout of the application form.
- Before submitting the form, go through the details thoroughly. Rectify mistakes if there are any.
- Once you check that all the information provided is accurate and verified, you can go ahead with filing a medical visa application.
- In order to take the print out of the form, you can visit the homepage of the website. There you will find an option to ‘Print Registered Application.’
- After submitting the application, you can click on Visa Status Enquiry to check the status of your visa.
Who Can Apply for an E- Tourist Visa?
When you need to visit India for small treatments or medical check-ups, you can get an e-tourist visa. In comparison to a medical visa, the procedure to get an e-tourist visa is faster and easier. You can apply for it sitting at home. For an E-visa, you will need to fulfil two major requirements.
- Scanned first page of the passport (PDF File recommended size: 10KB to 300KB)
- A latest digital photograph. (Recommendation: White or plain background, face prominently seen, no shadows on face or background, equal height and width, size 10 KB to 1 MB)
What is the Visa Processing Fee in Kenya?
- If you apply for a six-month medical visa, you will have to pay Ksh 8,300 (80 USD)
- Fees for a one-year medical visa is Ksh 12,400 (120 USD.)
- Be prepared to pay extra Ksh 200 (2 USD) towards ICWF (Indian Community Welfare fund).
How Much Time Will it Take?
Once you submit the application, your medical visa will be processed within 3 working days. You can check your visa status by visiting the homepage of https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html. Click on the ‘Visa status Enquiry’ option for more details. In order to get access to your account, fill the application ID. You can find it on the receipt issued by Indian Mission or Agent after the submission of the application at the mission counter.