Dr. K R Suresh Bapu
Neurosurgeon Director MBBS, MS, MCh, Chennai, India Works at SIMS Hospital, Vadapalani, Chennai 46 years of experience
- Dr. K R Suresh Bapu is one of the highly-experienced Neurosurgeons with a thriving experience of 46+ years.
- He holds expertise in Surgery for Aneurysms & AVMs, Endoscopic excision of the Colloid cyst, Endoscopic surgery for Pituitary tumors and skull base tumors, Total excision of Cerebello-Pontine angle tumors with preservation of Facial nerve, Surgery of Low-grade glioma in the eloquent brain with neuronavigation and neurophysiologic monitoring including awake procedures, Epilepsy surgery, and Microsurgical excision of spinal cord tumors.
- He completed his MBBS and MS from Madurai Medical College.
- He has an instrumental role in establishing Micro Neurosurgery in South Tamilnadu, India.
- He has trained many neurosurgeons at Government Medical Colleges between 1982-2006.
- He is the first surgeon to have performed STA-MCA anastomosis in South Tamilnadu in 1984.
- He is one of the few neurosurgeons who has been trained in Neurosurgery under Prof. Gazi Yasargil of Zurich, Switzerland in 1981-82.
- He has achieved special training programs in Neurosurgery from various centers across the globe including Switzerland, Japan, and the USA.
- He is an active member of the Indian Medical Association (IMA), Neurological Society of India, and Neuro Spinal Surgeons Association India (NSSA).