Dr. Anitha Ramesh
Medical Oncologist Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Oncologist, Surgical Oncologist Senior Consultant DM, MD, MBBS, Chennai, India Works at Kauvery Hospital, Alwarpet, Chennai 29 years of experience
- Dr. Anitha Ramesh is highly skilled and one of the best Medical Oncologists having 29+ years of experience in this field.
- She is adept in treating cancers by radiotherapy, targeted therapies like monoclonal antibodies and immunotherapies, removing tumors etc.
- Her areas of expertise are Retinoblastoma, Breast and Cervical cancers etc.
- She was Recipient of the “Realistic Award for Women 2018” for contributions in the field of Medicine Oncology.
- She received the 2019 “Style Business Award” as a women entrepreneur.
- She was awarded the prestigious ‘IDEA “fellowship for being a promising cancer researcher by the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) in 2005.
- She was awarded Scholarships funded by Commonwealth / Nottingham for MSc Oncology at Nottingham University, United Kingdom (2002 -2003) and International Society of Pediatric Oncology in 2001, Australia.
- She was also bestowed with European Society of Medical Oncology grants/travel fellowships in 2002 and 2004 for 2 consecutive years.
- She is also involved in Clinical Trials as Principal Investigator and physician for the Sanofi Aventis trial and as FDA audited Investigator.
- She was designated as a Special fellow at the International Outreach Program at St Jude’s Research Hospital, Memphis, USA in 2004.
- She is a distinguished speaker in Oncology with more than 500 national and international presentations in different academic forums.
- She holds memberships of the International Society of Pediatric Oncology (SIOP), American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), and European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO).
- Dr. Anitha pursued MBBS (1992) from National Medical College, Calcutta University, MD Radiotherapy (1997) from Banaras Hindu University.