Why does cancer spread after surgery? Is Cancer hereditary or not?
Does chewing tobacco lead to cancer? Are a few doubts that people always have. But there are different answers that you get from different people, isn’t it right?
The advancement of technology has benefited a lot of other industries apart from the IT sector. One of them is the medical sector. They have better and new-age equipment, techniques, and the ability to combat different problems. But even after so much knowledge and medical advancement, there are a few almost incurable problems. One of them is Cancer. A lot of studies show that many people fall prey to this deadly disease in rural and urban areas each year.
1. Cancer is caused due to the uncontrolled growth of cells in any organ of the human body. This cell causes infection to other cells and causes a complete chain reaction. When the healthy cells of that organ start reducing, the organ fails to cause fatal consequences.
2. According to doctors, there are more than 100 types of cancer. They can happen in any of your body parts.
3. The most common cancer types found in men are lung, prostate, and colorectal cancer. Whereas the ones common in women are lung, breast, and colorectal.
4. A lot of research has shown that a few types of cancer can be inherited from parents or grandparents.
5. The biggest and most common reason why people catch lung cancer is due to chewing and smoking tobacco. According to a few surveys, it is seen that a person dies every 30 seconds due to lung cancer caused by tobacco. Moreover, tobacco records approximately 30% of all cancer deaths and more than 80% of deaths caused by lung cancer.
6. Living in an unhealthy or polluted environment can also put a person at risk of getting cancer. From the air you breathe to the water you drink to the food you eat; it is important to keep everything clean. The cells in your body get infected due to pollution, metal toxicity, and even due to certain personal body care and beauty products. This is why it is of utmost importance to keep your homes clean.
7. Do you know how a person gets colon cancer? When you have a habit of sleeping less than 6 hours. Yes, you read that correctly. Your body needs at least 6 hours of sleep every day. During these hours your body detoxifies itself. And when you don’t do that, you risk your body colon cancer. Studies have also shown that people usually working night shifts are at higher risk.
8. In economically developed countries, 40% of cancer patients happen to be people above the age of 65 years. This is majorly due to unregulated eating habits and unmonitored sleep patterns. This is the reason why old-age people should get themselves checked at regular intervals.
Common cancer myths and misconceptions that people have:
- People usually carry a misconception that biopsy and surgery spread cancer but there is no evidence to prove this statement. Also, removing a tumour after testing is an integral part of cancer treatment.
- Another very important myth amongst people is that eating more quantities of sugar causes cancer. In fact, according to the National Cancer Institute, it is seen that even if a person stops consuming sugar that won’t cure the tumour or the cancer cells. You will have to get the screening and treatment done to eradicate this problem.
- Another very common misconception about cancer is that if you bear a solid tumour, there is no need for surgery. But do keep in mind that whichever type of tumour you have, there is always a need for surgery.
- A lot of people think that Chemotherapy has a lot of side effects. Yeah, it is true! But with medical advancement in the past years, the risk of side effects has reduced immensely.
#best cardiologist in India – Medserg