Dr. K. P. Suresh Kumar
Interventional Cardiologist Senior Consultant Fellowship, DM, DNB, MBBS, Chennai, India Works at Kauvery Hospital, Alwarpet, Chennai 36 years of experience
- Dr. K. P. Suresh Kumar is a renowned Interventional Cardiologist having 36+ years of experience in this field.
- He is adept in performing 17,000 coronary angiograms, 200 balloons mitral Valvuloplasties, 300 permanent pacemakers, and 50 renal angioplasties.
- His areas of interests are radial artery interventions, coronary artery disease, cardiac failures, and hypertension.
- He was bestowed with many awards such as Times Professional Achievements Award in 2019, Best Doctor Award by Indian Medical Association (2018), Best paper Award at National Conference of cardiology society of India (1992), and Gold Medal in Pathology (1982).
- He also received a National Merit Scholarship in Higher Secondary Education and Gold Medal for the Best Outgoing Student.
- He holds membership of Cardiology Society of India, Indian Medical Association (IMA), and Indian Society of Hypertension.
- He was a Fellow of American College of Cardiology, American Society of Interventional Cardiology, and European Society Interventional Cardiology.
- He pursued MBBS (1985) and DNB-General Medicine (1989) from Calicut Medical College and DM-Cardiology (1993) from Christian Medical College.