Dr. Hrishikesh Kumar
Neurologist Vice President Fellowship, DM, MD, MBBS, Kolkata, India Works at Institute of Neurosciences, Kolkata 23 years of experience
- Dr. Hrishikesh Kumar is a Senior Neurologist and Vice-Chairman at The Institute of Neurosciences, Kolkata.
- His primary area of interest and training aligns with a sub-field of neurology which deals with patients of movement disorders (like Parkinson’s disease, gait disorders and tremor).
- He is trained in this discipline from top universities of UK (UCL, London) and Canada (University of Western Ontario).
- He is fortunate to contribute in discipline and represent India in the global platform as the general secretary of the apex body called – Movement Disorder Society of India.
- Dr.Kumar also representing India in the Asia-Oceanian chapter of global Movement Disorder Society as the member of their education committe.
- He has written several book chapters including multiple chapters for the text book of Indian Academy of Neurology.
- The doctor has eceive frequent invitations from academic bodies for lectures from around the world.
- He is chief editor of Indian edition of two reputed international journals (Headache, Movement Disorders in Clinical Practice) and member of the editorial board of other international and national journals.