Dr. Hemang D. Koppikar
Ophthalmologist Consultant MS, MBBS, Mumbai, India Works at S. L. Raheja Hospital, Mumbai 40 years of experience
- Dr. Hemang Koppikar is one of the leading Ophthalmic Surgeons at S L Raheja Hospital.
- He did his M.B.B.S. and M.S. (Ophthalmology) from Bombay University in 1981 and 1985 respectively.
- He received the Dr. V.H. Majumdar Prize for standing 1st in the M.S. Ophthalmology.
- His areas of expertise are Retinal Disorders.
- He is specialized in Laser treatments and management of Retinopathy.
- He received special training in Laser Photocoagulation under Dr. Kanti V Mody, Dr. Ashok C Shroff of Jaslok Hospital, and Dr. Peter Hamilton of Moorfields Eye Hospital, the U.K. in 1987.
- The doctor set up the department of Retinal Laser treatment in 1989.
- Also, he started Fundus Fluorescein Angiography and Retinal Photography at the Lotus Eye Hospital, Juhu, and thus has 28 years of experience in Lotus Eye Hospital, Juhu. Pioneered the use of Slit-Lamp Videography for the instantaneous “LIVE” Audio-Visual record of the total condition of the patients’ eye.