Dr. Ganeshakrishnan Iyer
Cardiac Surgeon Senior Consultant Fellowship, MCh, MS, MBBS, Bangalore, India Works at Aster CMI Hospital (Hebbel) Bangalore 25 years of experience
- Dr. Ganeshakrishnan Iyer is a highly experienced Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon, practicing successfully for more than 25+ years.
- In his illustrious career spanning over two decades, he has performed 12,000 Open Heart Surgeries.
- He is skilled in performing complex Adult and Paediatric Heart Surgeries.
- He has special acumen for Mitral Valve Repair, Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, Aortic Aneurysm, Aortic Valve Sparing Procedure, and Surgery for Atrial Fibrillation.
- He takes a keen interest in teaching and has been associated with training programmes on Basic Clinical Surgery and Patient Management for routine as well as emergency cases, meant for graduate medical students.
- He regularly attends workshops and conferences and presents papers in them.
- He is also engaged in research work and so far has published several papers in more than 12 renowned National and International Medical Journals.
- After graduating with MBBS from Grant Medical College, Mumbai in 1986, he pursued MS in General Surgery in the same college in 1990. Later he did MCh in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery in Seth GS College and KEM Hospital University, Mumbai in 1993. Thereafter, he received Training Fellowship in Adult and Paediatric Cardiac Surgery including Thoracic Organ Transplantation, in USA and Canada.