Dr. Ganesh Kumar AV
Cardiology Interventional Cardiologist Chief Fellowship, DM, DNB, DNB, MD, MBBS, Mumbai, India Works at Dr. L H Hiranandani Hospital, Mumbai 18 years of experience
- Dr. Ganesh Kumar is working at Dr L H Hiranandani Hospital as chief of Cardiology since the inception of the cardiac services in 2004.
- After completing 12 years of learning and working from Seth G S Medical College & 3 years of post-graduation in Internal Medicine followed by 3 years post-doctoral super-speciality in cardiology at the prestigious King Edward IV Memorial Hospital, he then pursued training in interventional cardiology – Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology, 2yrs at the Division of Invasive Cardiology, Ramban Medical Centre, Haifa, Israel.
- He also did basic research in stent technology & robotics in the field of interventional cardiology at Bruce Rapport Israel Institute of Technology.
- After returning to India, he practised for 1 year at SevenHills Hospital, Vishakhapatnam.
- He then joined Dr L H Hiranandani Hospital as a consultant in Interventional Cardiology (in 2004) and presently heads the department.
- To his credit, he has a large number of national and international publications in the field of interventional cardiology and in basic research work.
- His field of expertise is development & use of Robotics in Percutaneous Coronary Interventions; PAMI (Primary Angioplasty in Acute Myocardial Infarction); Complex Coronary Interventions (Use of Rota ablators, IVUS Technology, Multi Vessel angioplasties) among others.