Dr. Ashok Vaid
Hematologist Medical Oncologist, Pediatric Hematologist Chairman MBBS, MD, DM, Gurgaon, India Works at Medanta - The Medicity, Gurgaon 35 years of
- Currently associated as a Chairman of the Division of Medical & Paediatric Oncology, Haematology & Bone Marrow Transplant at Medanta Hospital, Gurgaon.
- He completed his MBBS from Jammu University in 1984, followed by doing DNB in internal medicine and DM Medical Oncology in 1993.
- He did his Senior Residency at Govt. Medical College, Jammu from 1987 to 1989.
- Previously worked as the Head of the Department of Medical Oncology, Artemis Health Institute, Gurgaon.
- Awarded the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award, by the President of India, for contribution to the field of medicine on 14th April, 2009.
- Member of prestigious organizations like the Breast Cancer Foundation of India, Member of Indian Society of Medical & Pediatric Oncology (ISMPO), the Indian Association of Gynaec Oncologists, Indian Medical Association, the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the Association of Physicians of India, and many more.
- Additionally, Dr. Ashok has been the founder member of Indian Cooperative Oncology Network (ICON), a life member of European Haematology Association, and the European Society of Medical Oncology.
- He has the unique distinction of having carried out the first 25 bone marrow transplants in any private-sector hospital in North India.
- Dr. Ashok has attended several workshops and conferences so far in the field of medical oncology.