Dr. Ashok Rajgopal
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon Knee Surgery, Chairman MBBS, MS, MCh, FRCS, Gurgaon, India Works at Medanta - The Medicity, Gurgaon 33 years of experience
- Dr Ashok Rajgopal is one of the most experienced & respected Orthopaedic surgeon in India, currently working as a Group Chairman at Medanta the Medicity.
- With a coveted experience of over 32 years, he has a ground-breaking record of completing 25,000 Total Knee Replacement surgeries.
- Dr Rajgopal was the honorary surgeon to the President of India.
- Being an expert in sports medicine he had treated a number of famous sports persons like Pullela Gopichand (badminton player suffered a career threatening knee injury while playing doubles at the 1994 National Games at Pune).
- Some of his special interests include knee surgery, joint replacement surgery, arthroscopic surgery, and arthroplastic surgeries.
- After completed his MBBS from AFMC and MS from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, he also did Mch from University of Liverpool in 1983.
- Dr. Ashok did FRCS in General Surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons, United Kingdoms in 2010.
- He is also the first orthopaedic surgeon in India to perform Bilateral Total Knee Replacement surgery &MIS Unicompartmental surgery.