India is at present firmly established as the most preferred medical tourism destination in the world. Across the globe, Indian doctors and scientists are considered among the best, having trained in the best Indian and international medical institutions. Advances in technology have improved medical diagnoses and treatment of diseases that were considered untreatable some years ago in this country.
The corporate hospital standards in India are world-class, able to compete with the best and can offer you any service that you can find anywhere in the world. There are about 21 JCI Accredited and about 325 NABH accredited/impanelled hospitals in India. Some of the reputed private hospitals in India that attract most of these medical tourists are Apollo, Manipal, Narayana Hrudalaya, Fortis, Asian Heart, BM Birla Heart, HCG Oncology, Columbia Asia, Medanta, Sir Gangaram, Breach Candy, Moolchand, MIOT to name a few. The advantages of medical treatment in India include reduced costs and the availability of the latest medical technologies.
The Indian government is working on establishing minimum quality standards to reassure patients seeking treatment. The Joint Commission International USA is the Gold Standard accreditation for US and European hospitals that represent the provision of the highest level of patient care and safety.
What are the Advantages of Medical Tourism in India?
In 2017, around 500,000 patients have visited India for their treatment and since then the number has been rising which makes India the third-largest country preferred by patients for their treatment. The following are some reasons that make India one of the best countries for the treatment of foreign nationals:
- The biggest advantage for India becoming a popular medical tourism spot is the low-cost health care service.
- In contrast to first-world countries like the US and UK, medical care in India will cost 60-90% lower and that makes it a great option to opt for medical treatment in India.
- A person coming to India for medical treatment can save 30 to 70 per cent including the cost of ticket expenses & accommodation.
- A large percentage of doctors who are specialized in countries like Germany, the UK, Australia and the States, is bringing quality standards from the Western world to India.
- The foreign exchange rates also are low or modest. The rupee has been growing weak and this is beneficial for medical tourism to grow in India.
- India has one of the largest pharmaceutical industries in the world, producing and exporting drugs to more than 180 countries. India has the availability of low-cost generic medicines.
- India’s hospitals have earned the reputation as world-class institutions with state-of-the-art technology. State-of-the-art technologies is available to treat even the most difficult medical cases such as organ transplants, cardiovascular surgery, eye surgery, etc. Indian hospitals are equipped with high technologies such as Gamma Knife, Cyberknife, IMRT, brain suite, Novelix TX, PET Scan, IGRT, etc.
- Indian doctors are considered to be among the best in the world and their high level of surgical expertise is because of many years of training.
- India offers world-class hospitals and highly trained professional staff, who are mostly trained in medically advanced countries.
- Technology has also connected us globally and we are instantly aware of new inventions and discoveries in the medical world.
- The government has removed visa restrictions on tourist visas that required a two-month gap between consecutive visits for people from Gulf countries which will boost medical tourism. However, for some selected countries, a 30-days medical visa could be issued for treatment by the Indian Embassy. The length of stay in India for patients with a medical visa is 6 months.
- India has some of the best hospitals in the world which are accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI) (USA Standard) and the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) (Indian Standard).
Why choose Treatment Possible?
Treatment Possible ensures that you get the right doctor and hospital along with excellent paramedical staff and at the most reasonable price. Being in the industry for a decade, we use our expertise to benefit the patients and make their ‘treatment possible’ at the lowest cost by the best-renowned doctors and hospitals in India.
Our expertise includes:
- Association with hospitals across all the cities in India.
- A second opinion of the World’s top medical institutes from the USA, Germany, and Singapore.
- The selection of specialty-wise surgeons depends purely on their training, skills, experience and past results.
- The lowest quote is guaranteed.
- Post-surgery follow-up and medical assistance.
- Guidance for alternative treatment plans.
- Our doctors are highly qualified, experienced, and committed.
- Video conferencing allows doctors to have online discussions regarding a patient’s condition and the best course of treatment.
You can get an online consultation with the best doctor in India for your treatment with the hassle-free arrangement of post-operative recovery care, travel, and stay. Due to our long experience of a decade, we ensure that you find the best hospitals for the treatment. If you have any queries or doubts, please feel free to contact us now.